Bitgem Game Jam #8

Last Monster Standing (Working Title) - https://db.tt/Bdn87UOR

• Added 2 more levels (Lava Falls and Snow Mountain)
  • Added Music and Sound
  • Added Level Selection Menu

another progress video: working on main menu and game loop, appart from balancing the gameplay

Hey im working an a little RTS game :slight_smile:

i have done the basics last Week. (selection, scrolling, build, resources, map)

the last Days i reworked / textured the models from “cemetery set

currently im working on the worker and building functions

and for next days:
create models/animations for units (with blender)
enemy attack
building units

hope the time is enough! :slightly_smiling:

Hi everybody,

This is the last version of my game. http://unity3d.gardiensdestours.com/Bitgem/Gamejam8/

I add the second scene and fix some bug.

The key :

• “WASD” or arrows for moving
  • “space” for jump
  • “shift” for runing
  • “q” for change character
  • “Esc” skip text

Maybe this is my final release before the end of the gamejam because. I have not more time for this.

Beta 1 Released
Changes:
Sound FX added
Animations added
Cameras watching each target now, picture in picture
Three levels total now plus home menu
http://softbinary.us/softbinary/cannonbounce_beta1/

Hi @matt and @jason, I’m developing my game for the old Web Player.
Since I’d like it to be played in 16:9 I’m forcing the playable window to 640x360.

Of course it can be also played in full screen, with some unwanted stretching.

I’m doing this to save on performance, I’m also not sure if I should enable or not shadowcasting.

It should run flawlessly on recent mid range PCs but I’m unsure on what to do.

Should I extend the gaming window a bit to the next available 16:9 resolution to be playable in browser? (eg 960x540) or a value in between?

Should I force maximum detail or not? (soft particles, shadows, etc,)

Also, how much complete should be the game? I chose to develop a platform but of course the time isn’t enough to provide like 32 levels with boss battles.
Is one huge level ok? I’m using the Ghouls’n’Ghosts theme, 1 hit->death, no checkpoints on purpose. So the playtime should be enough (pretty hardcore difficulty).

Clarifications about the Game Jam rules

Last Monster Standing WIP - https://db.tt/Bdn87UOR

1. Added Title Screen
  2. Added Level Selection Screen
  3. Optimizations
  4. Increased Resolution to 960 x 600.

Controls - WASD or ArrowKeys.
How to Win - Knock all other monsters off the platform!

Please let me know what you think.

• Jon

Drop The Bodies on the Pool (WIP)

known issues:

• emissive/bloom behave wrong on WebGL
  • collision particle on enemies bullets crazy behavior
  • some little adjustments here and there to difficulty balance

IMPORTANT NOTE: Push Tab key to configure all game controls.

MovementAxisX = Horizontal Movement
MovementAxisY = Vertical Movement
Attack = Attack button, hold button to attack
Special = Tap Special button when rage is 100% to perform special attack (Wizard is the only one who can use the special when he wants).
Credit = add credits on main menu.
Start = Join the game

Each Player is assigned to a different character, have it in mind if you want to play with an specific character:
Player 1 = Knight
Player 2 = Elf
Player 3 = Wizard

Content:
at the moment, there are 3 players, 5 enemy types, 2 bosses and 1 single level.

Hope you like it!

I´m currently almost done with scripting.
Now i wanted to create the map and the graves… but this is really much "put this thing here and the other thing there…"
So i decided to create the map by script :slight_smile:

[Edit]
Screenshot from the graves :sweat_smile:

Today i went to the cemetery and made some pictures/got some ideas. Then i re-designed the random generated graves and added a new random generated double-grave :slight_smile:
The random generation works really fine. :grinning:
I also started to place the (random generated) graves on the map.
This took about 6 hours and i have done just about 40% :scream:

Creating the map will take lot more time as i thought.

One Question to Bitgem Team:
What should do when i finished my game? Where to create the “entry” - is there some form? Or is a post with a link to the game in this thread enough?

I also testet your games:
@ItchyGames
I cant choose a character, so cant try your game.
@JBednez
Your game is working - i die really often :sob:

[Edit]
Sorry, but allow just 3 Posts in this Thread and just 2 Screenshot per Post is really annoying :thumbsdown:. How to post the progress with this limitations? :disappointed_relieved:

[edit]

[Edit]
Here is the link to my game. Have fun with it :slight_smile:

Your games are all really great, nice games at this jam :smile:

Last Monster Standing - https://db.tt/Bdn87UOR

• Added Progression System
  • Added Boss Battles
  • Added UI Effects
  • Optimized the build a bit.

I am preparing a demo of what I have so far, but the WebGL client is not working. Has anyone else run into this, and if so, how did you combat it? Thanks!

Edit: I managed to solve one issue, Dropbox (my host for this) wasn’t reading gzipped files. Extracting the contents fixed now. Now I am having unhandled array issues.

I switched back to the Web Player. A few assets simply wouldn’t work on HTML5. Also, I needed something more performant.

Thinking I may have to do this, too. Thanks for the advice!

So the most Scripting is done!

I have some Stuff left -> Animations, Models and UI.
3 Days left…

here a current Screenshot.

how to submit and join the Jam officially?

I am going to be reworking the Level 1 and make more levels, but here’s what I have going to far. Score saving and lives are not yet implemented, unfortunately. It’s on the list next.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16556887/graveyardsneak/index.html

Note: It’s using the old Web Player. I could not get WebGL to work at all.

@allansamurai Loved the atmosphere and visuals!

@Renokun Great gameplay idea and mechanics, really loved too. How did you get that camera perspective in the game? It’s some special plugin or package from Asset Store?

Unfortunately I will not be able to finish the project until the deadline, but it’s been a great experience so far. The assets provided are really good and inspired me a lot of game ideas. Thanks to my friend Ricardo Bencz ideas, we ended up with this:

• The knights must go to the graves to mourn their fallen friends, before an evil spirit devour their souls. When the knight is mourning, they loose their ‘sadness level’ and fill up the ‘redemption level’ on the grave. Once the spirit in the grave is ‘redeemed’, the knight will search for other grave to mourn, until all his sadness is gone.
  • When a knight is mourning, the ghost can possess them, making them stop crying and going straight to the exit gate.
  • The priest can ‘exorcise’ the possessed knight, so he can continue to mourn and thus save the souls of his friends.

Still haven’t decided if the player will control the priest, or the knight or even be the evil spirit and sumon the ghosts to prevent the incoming knights from saving the souls, much like a tower defense game.

Some screenshots:

Knight mourning at a grave, and ghost going to possess it

Knight possessed leaving the level, and the priest trying to exorcise the spirit from him

Sorry for the long post, but I feeled the game idea was good enough to share. And sorry for my bad english, it’s no my first language also.

• Alex

Don’t forget to submit your entry via http://goo.gl/forms/Bhqiwj2NIz before the 3rd of April. Winners will be announced mid next week!

Hello all, this is my 1st time competing in a Bitgem Game Jam and thought that I almost wouldn’t finish my quick game. Its made with unity and is called “Graveyard Shift”. Its a action beat 'em up type game where you have to survive working in a haunted graveyard during the graveyard shift. I tried to emulate old PS1 / Sega Saturn type graphics with my game. You can walk, do a 2 hit combo, do a walking attack, and run for your life :smile: There are 2 powerups, 1 a roast chicken that restores health, and a power potion that gives you double damage for a short time. There are 3 short levels with 2 stages a piece, with a boss battle taking place on the 2nd stage.
Here are the links to play… Unity Webplayer & Unity Web GL
And here are a few screenshots…