Game Jam #5 - Kick the Monster

Is there anything else I need to do to make sure my entry is valid besides submitting a link?

Thanks!

• Jon

Is there any way the deadline could be extended a day? If I had another day, I think I’d be ready to submit something. Sorry, I was sick all last week and didn’t get to put in the time on it I wanted to. But if not… I understand.

-Jared

@JBednez @tekmostudios Great job on your submissions!

Thanks! hopefully I’ll turn it into a full game with an added twist that’ll be a game changer(I hope lol).

Hope you feel better.

I have a completed entry, but I haven’t been able to get it to work after I upload it. It just kinda sits there and never finishes loading.

I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours. That one day extension idea is sounding reeeally good to me too. >.>

Thanks for checking it out!

Extra time does sound good. :smile:

Thanks for your submissions everyone! We’ll grant a short time extension for those who did not get a chance to submit their entries in time. Monday night (22nd of December) is the new deadline. This also gives a chance to polish existing entries to those who have submitted on time.

Thanks so much! When the 20th ended and I hadn’t figured out the hosting situation yet, I thought I had missed out.

Edit: Alrighty, here’s my entry. Since we have another day I’ll probably add some things tomorrow afternoon. It needs sounds and I’m planning on adding a splash effect for when you land in the water.

I’d like to draw attention to the fact that the terrain in the background is different every time you play. It’s generated algorithmically at load time. I’m pretty proud of that. =D

Entry form is now live at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qCIhWiYSRefY8U37GA7IKCk42weTs06TFvHQU9kB5Vw/viewform we’ll be leave it up for the next 24 hours, so get your entry in soon.

I filled the form out, but it doesn’t seem to have a space for the game’s URL.

@Mr_McGregor just ping me the URL and I’ll add it in, think you got to the form before I updated the link in the post above :slight_smile:

@jason Hah, yeah, I think I was looking at the page when you posted it.

The URL to my entry is http://dragontamer.site44.com. Thanks!

Ahhh…lol

I just arrived home from a long flight… Not sure i have to time work on mine more… but oh well … more competition is good to create new ideas! Good luck everyone! and Thanks to BITGEM3D for the assets and the contest!

:smiley:

I think I’ve made all the improvements I’ll be able to before the deadline, so I’m calling [my entry][1] ready. There are some additions I wish I had time for, but all in all I’m pretty happy with it!
[1]: http://dragontamer.site44.com

Didn’t get to everything I wanted, but here’s my entry: SuperEx Delivery - The “Ex” is for Explosive!

@jmjd I like the holiday theme! That was a nice touch.

Thanks. I was a little surprised the game jam wasn’t holiday themed. So I took it upon myself to make it so.

Any updates? I know everyone’s busy around this time, but the silence is deafening. :smile:

It’s quiet. Too quiet…