Game Jam #7 - Bubble Bobble Remake

Amazing entries everyone!!! You all ROCK! :smiley:

And already it is time to announce the winners of our lates Game Jam! This time we have a really colorful mix of different platforms on which these entries have been developed and it’s always amazing to see just how different the same gameplay mechanics can be when developed by different people on different platforms. We’ve had a great time play testing all these games and there have been quite a few surprises! Thank you all who submitted an entry and thank you to everyone for participating!

And The Winners Are … (drumroll)

:trophy: # 1 :trophy: - In first place we have delacannon with his entry Congratulations!!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon::slight_smile:

:checkered_flag: # 2 :checkered_flag: - Phil with his entry came in second. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

:checkered_flag: # 3 :checkered_flag: - SiliconDroid with his entry came in third! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Everyone else who submitted a game will also receive a $15 Bitgem store credit. Here are the other entries again in no particular order:

pipitoPower
JBednez
Ninja
Warspawn
ogam
Scott
BrainswitchMachina

As before we are really impressed with the entries that have come in! This time we have had a few late comers who managed to submit great entries none the less. We will be holding another Jam again soon with a similar sort of time frame. So stay tuned for that one! :slight_smile:

We will be getting the prizes out to you ASAP! Thank you again everyone and enjoy the rest of the week!!

Good job everyone and thanks for the contest Bitgem!

Also, how do you rate a game?

Just curious, as I would like to focus on parts of a game that may be better to focus on and less on others due to my busy schedule.

Thanks!

• Jon

Congrats everyone. :smile:
Great games!

Thanks BitGem!
Great models!

Hi to everyone :smile:

Congratulations to all :smile:

A Big thanks to Bitgem :smile: I had a lot of fun developing the game. It was actually my first game :slight_smile:

Have Fun,

Pipito Power.

Wow! Thank you very much for the prize! :wave:

There’s been lots of amazing and inspiring entries.

And many thanks, Bitgem, for letting us play making videogames with your fabulous models and designs! :smile:

Amazing work everyone! Some really great entries there :slight_smile:

Hey John! Basically we have a few things we rate like overall presentation/visual appeal, gameplay (how intuitive is it, how responsive is it and how well polished), complexity, atmosphere, level design, and the fun factor :). Those criteria determine the overall score. I will post that in the brief next time. I have to say it was a very close call for many entries!

Congratulations to the winners!!

Finally it was my first time deploying something to web and I sent thw wrong link.

My apologies to Jason and matt.

Here is a video of my entry. I will try to do it better next time.

Bye!

Congratulations to the winners!

Thanks for the fun jam Bitgem!

Congratulations to everyone who entered, and especially to the winners :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for the reply!

@kanc That is looking really quite amazing! If you hand us in a corrected link we’ll add you to the list of entrances at least as you have submitted something on time, it just wasn’t the correct link.