Please remember we’ve set up a page on itch.io which is where we’ll gather submission at the end of the game jam, it’s free to host entries and will be a great way to showcase all the games at the end of a jam!
Game Jam #9 kicks off today!
As you may have guessed from Jason’s previous post, it has something to do with combat!
The aim of this jam is to create a simple, one on one, side view fighting game. A successful entry must have a playable character and a computer adversary that battle it out in a small arena to determine a winner. The setting and controls are entirely up to you! You may choose to copy the International Karate reference or you may choose to come up with something entirely unique. A battle can take all sorts of forms and can be fought using all manner of objects…
Building a fighting game is no easy task even if it is a simple one so for this jam we are setting a 1-month time frame.
Assets to help you get started are free to download for the next 5 days so if you want to use them grab them now and get coding!
- 1 entry per developer/team
- You may use other assets you own/license (including non Bitgem assets).
- Post your Work In Progress on this thred
- Entry must be playable in browser.
- Entries close 12th of March 2018.
- 1st $150 BitGem store credit and help with promotion
- 2nd $100 BitGem store credit
- 3rd $50 BitGem store credit
- All other valid entries will receive $15 BitGem store credit
Don’t forget to share your WIP with us on twitter @bitgem3d and in this thread.
Happy coding everyone!!!
p.s. once you’ve had time to play with the free assets leaving a review on the store would be much appreciated.