Matt's Work In Progress Blog

I started on another building variant today for the SC city set. Finished the first 2 levels.

Started constructing a muscular character for Irrational Karate. Didn’t get far yet. Will probably restart using a different modelling method.

Today I added another level to the last building type. Now there’s a lot of tweaking and cleanup work to do before the set can be published.

I also started preparing the SC food set for upload. It also needs a little more tweaking and cleanup work. But it’s getting there!

A package from Shapeways arrived today and it had in it the revised servo arm for the basher rocksta and… IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE! Turned out excellent and feels really solid. I think if the other servo arm breaks I now have a reliable replacement part. In case anyone else runs into the same problem as I, here is a link to the part.

The pack also contained the replacement foot for our IKEA lamplig coaster. That also turned out surprisingly well too. Here is a link to the part. I have to say it’s great being able to fix stuff yourself!

Figured out how to get around not being able to sculpt folds… make clothes skin tight! :smiley:

Once again I’m surprised how long the fixing up of a set like this takes. It’s nearly there though. Just need to make the metal, glass, roughness and glow textures and presentation and unity package. … I guess there goes tomorrow!

Finally the smashy craft food set with over 190 items is done and uploaded! Thank you to Alexanda Ira Andre for the amazing work on this. It’s a feast for the eyes :slight_smile:

Anunnaki choker

Today was an administrative sort of day with plenty of email writing… hope I can get back to modeling tomorrow.

It’s been a turbulent couple of days and it seems like those days are not quite over yet. However, I did manage to get a little more progress on the city set done.

Here are some feet …

So there was a small cabin fire on my international flight and we had to emergency land off route. Literally dropped off the radar there for a bit. Spent 4 days in airports but now I have internet again! Yay!

In the meantime, we actually broke the 40 k followers milestone on Sketchfab! Thank you so much to anyone supporting us there!! :slight_smile:

Also managed to do the color variants for the next building type of the city set

Another day, another set of building variants done…

I know, I know… enough with the buildings. I promise I’m nearly there! Not much more of this.

The city set is coming together…